Hi, I’m Marc Roussy. I started this blog to help fellow developers improve the quality of the back-end cloud applications they build with the .NET stack.
What I discovered is that there are many aspects to building a quality back-end in the cloud beyond writing clean code. Some of the aspects that I’ve written about are:
- Refining a technology roadmap
- Defining and ways to improve code quality
- Productivity tips for popular .NET IDEs
- Layers of testing a cloud application
- Monitoring .NET cloud aplications
- Managing Technical Debt
- Pair Programming and Code Review
- Static Code Analysis
Building for quality benefits the business by way of:
- Faster delivery of features through process improvements and automation.
- Increased customer happiness when using the product.
- Increased confidence when selling and demoing the product.
- Lower cost of maintenance of the product.
I’ve been writing code in one form or other since Y2K was a thing. I work mostly in the .NET space and like to dabble in Node.js when I get the chance.
My skills and this blog are focused towards back-end cloud technologies. I’ve worked extensively with AWS and Azure and have a slight preference for AWS.
I’m always looking for ways to improve the quality of what I’m working whilst delivering a working product as frequently as possible.