Everyone needs advice from time to time. It could be technical guidance on a particular problem you’re facing or creating a personal development plan to take your career to the next level.
Over the past fiften years of my career, I’ve struggled with similar questions myself. And while I certainly don’t have all the answers, there are a few areas of software development that I’ve learned a lot about:
- Building distributed architectures in .NET and C# with serverless, containers, and plain old IIS applications.
- Applying DevOps practices within the Microsoft stack, with tools like Azure DevOps, GitHub and Octopus Deploy.
- Getting the most out of your observability practices, from Application Performance Monitoring, custom logging, Application Insights, and more.
- Improving productivity, focus and performance.
- Balancing work, side hustles and family time.